Senior Java Developer
At BinarApps, we develop outstanding digital products cooperating with international entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to shape a sustainable world by creating amazing projects with great people.
We offer a relaxed, supportive, full of self-growth opportunities job environment where transparency and clear communication come first.
Join our culture of encouragement, quality, and trust.
How do we work?
- we usually cooperate with international clients, therefore we speak English on a daily basis
- we pay a lot of attention to the quality of the code – we keep it clean and well-tested. We do Merge Requests with mandatory Code Review, backed up with a CI
- we do things the Agile way
- we work in a Team that doesn’t compromise on quality
- we cooperate closely with clients and have a real influence on the final outcome
Join us if you have:
- 5 years of experience with Java 8/11
- knowledge of Spring Boot and ORM libraries such as Hibernate/JPA
- experience with JUnit and integration tests
- experience in JSON REST API integrations
- proficiency in using Git
- familiarity with SQL and NO-SQL Databases
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- openness to discuss and iterate over your ideas during code reviews
- good command of English (at least B2 level)
- knowledge of OOP and SOLID principle
Nice to have:
- Cassandra/MongoDB experience
- knowledge of CI/CD process
- React/Angular experience
- experience with Kafka or JMS
- willingness to become a Team Leader
- knowledge of ELK stack
Your role and responsibilities:
- build and maintain scalable, tested applications
- be a part of an Agile development team led by Scrum Master/PM and collaborate with other experienced specialists
- participate in other internal initiatives: recruitment process, estimation of pre-sale projects, etc.
- take part in the code review process
- have a chance to share your knowledge during internal and external workshops, meet-ups, and conferences
The BinarApps’ way
Recruitment for various positions may be slightly different, but we always focus on active communication, so the whole recruitment process usually looks like this:
Recruitment for individual positions may differ, but so does each of us. What remains unchanged are our values, thanks to which you can be sure that the entire process will be transparent, based on active communication, and it will be conducted in a friendly, not-stressing atmosphere. People are the most important to us, so we want to talk, learn more about you and your skills, and also let you get to know us. Thanks to this, our recruitment process usually looks like this:
We analyze your application carefully. Don’t worry; we won’t keep you waiting. Within a few days, you can expect feedback from us on whether you have qualified for the next stage of recruitment.
Now, it’s the time for an online meeting or a phone call with one of our recruiters:
Michalina, Weronika, Łukasz or Kasia.
During this step, you will learn more about our organizational culture and our daily work. We will also want to get to know you better and learn more about your previous work experience.
Then, within a few days, we will return to you with feedback on whether you have qualified for the next stage of recruitment.
Let’s meet! You will chat online or F2F with a Specialization Leader or Head of Department of the team you wish to join.
For some technical positions, we may ask you to complete a simple recruitment task before the recruitment meeting.
Now sit back comfortably. Within a few days, we will get back to you with feedback and a decision regarding our cooperation.
Welcome on board! 🙂
Once you accept the cooperation offer, our HR team will contact you to settle the formalities related to your employment. We will prepare and sign your contract before the first working day.
A few days before starting work, you will receive a detailed plan for your first day at BinarApps.
The first three months are the onboarding time. From day one, we will help you feel like a part of the BinarApps family. Together with the Specialization Leader or Head of Department, your dedicated Buddy will support you and dispel any of your doubts. You will also have a chance to take part in integration meetings and training, so you can get to know your colleagues and so they can get to know you.
After the first month, you will meet with one of the HR team members. You will talk about how your first weeks of work and the onboarding are going. You will also receive your first feedback.
About a week before the end of the first three months of cooperation, you will meet with the Specialization Leader or Head of Department. Now, it’s time when you can give us your feedback on how did you like your first months at BA. You will also receive feedback from your teammates.
Every 6-12 months you will get a chance to take part in the evaluation. Usually, it will take the form of a 1on1 meeting with your Specialization Leader. It’s a great opportunity for you to give general feedback and every insight you have in mind about working at BinarApps.
It’s also an occasion to receive feedback from your project colleagues. We appreciate people who make an effort at their job – if your feedback is positive, you will get a raise.
The last element of the evaluation is to establish your development plan for the coming months. You will organize it together with your Leader, so you have both – support and influence on your self-growth at BA.
Your feedback matters. Every quarter, you will get a chance to share your opinion and rate BinarApps as an employer in the “What’s up” survey.
Your answers help us examine overall employee satisfaction about projects, self and company development, work tools, remuneration, and many more. Thanks to the survey results, we can react to things that need improvement on an ongoing basis.
#TeamThatCares is our mission statement because we constantly care about making BinarApps a better workplace. We strive to make everyone feel good here, and our keys to success are motivation, friendship, and support. For everyone individually and us as a Team.