Quality Assurance Engineer
At BinarApps, we develop outstanding digital products cooperating with international entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to shape a sustainable world by creating amazing projects with great people.
We offer a relaxed, supportive, full of self-growth opportunities job environment where transparency and clear communication come first.
Join our culture of encouragement, quality, and trust.
How does the QA crew work?
- ensuring the best quality of mobile & web apps
- automating tests on UI and API levels
- cooperating closely with your Agile team
- having a real impact on the outcome
- cooperating with English-speaking clients daily
- learning together with the team at QA Guild meetings
Join us if you have:
- 2 years of experience in a similar job (web & mobile apps testing)
- theoretical and practical background in testing (testing types, testing requirements, test planning and execution)
- experience with bug tracking systems
- hands-on knowledge of technologies used in web applications i.e. HTTP protocol, REST API, HTML, cookies
- efficient use of Chrome Developer Tools
- basic knowledge of at least 1 programming language
- experience with Git and GitHub
- strong communication skills
- good command of English (at least B2 level)
Nice to have:
- test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress, Protractor)
- programming knowledge and experience
- knowledge of good UI design principles (usability, accessibility standards)
- an ISTQB certificate
Your role and responsibilities:
- testing the system manually and automatically, finding and reporting bugs
- risk analysis, making sure that the tests are focused in the right areas
- reporting bugs and errors to the developers
- suggesting UX improvements
- suggesting and implementing more efficient procedures
- preparing technical documentation
The BinarApps’ way
Recruitment for various positions may be slightly different, but we always focus on active communication, so the whole recruitment process usually looks like this:
Recruitment for individual positions may differ, but so does each of us. What remains unchanged are our values, thanks to which you can be sure that the entire process will be transparent, based on active communication, and it will be conducted in a friendly, not-stressing atmosphere. People are the most important to us, so we want to talk, learn more about you and your skills, and also let you get to know us. Thanks to this, our recruitment process usually looks like this:
We analyze your application carefully. Don’t worry; we won’t keep you waiting. Within a few days, you can expect feedback from us on whether you have qualified for the next stage of recruitment.
Now, it’s the time for an online meeting or a phone call with one of our recruiters:
Michalina, Weronika, Łukasz or Kasia.
During this step, you will learn more about our organizational culture and our daily work. We will also want to get to know you better and learn more about your previous work experience.
Then, within a few days, we will return to you with feedback on whether you have qualified for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Let’s meet! You will chat online or F2F with a Specialization Leader or Head of Department of the team you wish to join.
Now sit back comfortably. Within a few days, we will get back to you with feedback and a decision regarding our cooperation.
Welcome on board! 🙂
Once you accept the cooperation offer, our HR team will contact you to settle the formalities related to your employment. We will prepare and sign your contract before the first working day.
A few days before starting work, you will receive a detailed plan for your first day at BinarApps.
The first three months are the onboarding time. From day one, we will help you feel like a part of the BinarApps family. Together with the Specialization Leader or Head of Department, your dedicated Buddy will support you and dispel any of your doubts. You will also have a chance to take part in integration meetings and training, so you can get to know your colleagues and so they can get to know you.
After the first month, you will meet with one of the HR team members. You will talk about how your first weeks of work and the onboarding are going. You will also receive your first feedback.
About a week before the end of the first three months of cooperation, you will meet with the Specialization Leader or Head of Department. Now, it’s time when you can give us your feedback on how did you like your first months at BA. You will also receive feedback from your teammates.
Every 6-12 months you will get a chance to take part in the evaluation. Usually, it will take the form of a 1on1 meeting with your Specialization Leader. It’s a great opportunity for you to give general feedback and every insight you have in mind about working at BinarApps.
It’s also an occasion to receive feedback from your project colleagues. We appreciate people who make an effort at their job – if your feedback is positive, you will get a raise.
The last element of the evaluation is to establish your development plan for the coming months. You will organize it together with your Leader, so you have both – support and influence on your self-growth at BA.
Your feedback matters. Every quarter, you will get a chance to share your opinion and rate BinarApps as an employer in the “What’s up” survey.
Your answers help us examine overall employee satisfaction about projects, self and company development, work tools, remuneration, and many more. Thanks to the survey results, we can react to things that need improvement on an ongoing basis.
#TeamThatCares is our mission statement because we constantly care about making BinarApps a better workplace. We strive to make everyone feel good here, and our keys to success are motivation, friendship, and support. For everyone individually and us as a Team.